This message is from: "Cheryl Beillard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have and do enjoy the splendid effect of sumac when it colours the hills
red in the fall and value it as a food source for deer and birds.  Normally
I refuse to allow any "trimming" .. but in this case, we are trying to
recover an old pasture and so the decorative effect is not on the top of the
list -- we just need more space for horses and the sumac are in no danger of
disappearing from the rest of our property.  Ditto for the oak, which we
love but not if it's going to make my horses sick!