This message is from: "Frederick J. (Fred) Pack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dear friends, this "short test" is a hoax being spread around.  My son is a
VP for Microsoft and he put me in touch with some "gurus".

The "gurus" pointed me to a Microsoft web page that explained the "non
existent" problem.

Basically it said:
This change of short date to long date affects nothing more than the display
function and has nothing to do with how the computer will, or will not,
operate.  The internal functions of Windows are still rolling over to the
year 2000.  If you want it to say 2000, instead of 00....then change the
display.  Either way, the computer is still functioning properly.

IT IS NOT REALLY NECESSARY TO CHANGE THE DIPLAY.

All the best, and Happy New Year from:

Fred and Lois Pack
Pack's Peak Stables
Wilkeson, WA USA

Sorry to re-send the entire forwarded message, but thought the above might
make better sense.