This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Today is a sad day for us.
This morning at 7:30 am we had to relieve the pain for our old mare Jensina
(Jean)
The vet had been out several times in the last week,  because she was showing
signs of colic.  We had done everything we could. and She finally overnight
got Very bad, and I couldnt let her be in pain anymore, when there was no
cure for her.
The Diagnosis was that a portion of her intestinal tract, had just basically
died. and she was too old and weak to be a good candidate for surgery.  I
also was told by our vet, something, I did not know, which was 75% of all
older horses  die of some form of colic.  Is this True?
We were assured we had done more than most to better her life in the last
year, since we got her, and nothing we did or didnt do could have caused this.
Doesnt help the sadness, but atleast she isnt in  anymore pain.

I had such high hopes for her, when she put on weight and seemed healthy.  I
am SO glad  she wasnt bred when this happened.  OR i would  be very distraught

Its sad to see that the Duo of June and Jean, (Jonetta and Jensina both King
Harold daughters)  is gone.  After being together most of their lives,  They
pasted away within months of each other and are together again, pulling that
wagon somewhere  I'd like to think

Thanks for all your support and advice over the last year, regarding her

Sincerely,
Michele Noonan
Wild Hair Ranch Fjords
Stevensville, Montana