This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Claudia Galup)

I've been reading all the recent posts about driving and its dangers,
and taken it all to heart very seriously.  I also read with interest
Joel's post about the difficulties of trying to sell trained horses for
prices that reflect their training, and I
 have been feeling so grateful for my own situation.  Last summer  I
spent a week in Nova Scotia at Beaver Dam Farm in Carol Rivoire's
Beginner Driving program, and had the most wonderful time.  The farm is
beautiful, the horses well trained and cared for,  and the program
seemed flexible for all levels of ability.
I h ad never driven before, and was deeply grateful for the no-
pressure, safety first approach to learning.  Not only did I fall in
love with driving, but I fell in love with one of Carol's imported Dutch
mares.  She had been in training  for a year under BDF's wonderful
trainer, Don.  Rosan, the mare, was expensive........but she is also
calm, well trained, ( beautifully trained, according to my local
trainer),  and ready for me to drive.
She is so beautiful, and eager and  willing, and I feel so fortunate
that Carol had the foresight and insight to say, "I think you two would
be a good match."  My North Carolina trainer paid her a high
compliment---he said that whoever bred her knew what they were doing.
I don't for one minute think that  nothing bad could possibly happen.  I
never drive alone-- the trainer is always with me.  I have the good
fortune of boarding at a farm with a resident trainer.  But with the
benefits of  a trainer to help me , and a well bred, well trained, and
well chosen horse-----I am having the most wonderful  time!  It is worth
it to me to pay for Rosan's training because I'm a beginner, and not a
young one, either!
I have the highest regard for all of you who train these wonderful
horses and gratitude that I can reap the benefits of your skills. And
I'm Absolutely crazy about my beautiful, sweet, smart Rosan.  She makes
me look good!

claudia