This message is from: "Larson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I've got to jump into the germs discussion.  My grandfather was also fond of
saying you had to eat a peck of dirt before you died.  And I've never raised
my children in an antiseptic environment.  When my daughter was still
crawling, she would scoot her way out to the horse barn and into one of the
feeders.  Use to scare me to death.  I'd trail along behind her, watching
every move.  She had much less difficulties with colds, allergies, etc than
any other child in the neighborhood.

I'd also like to second Sue's statements on psyllium.  When we moved to New
Mexico, I started a regime of psyllium (in the form of Sand Clear) one week
out of each month.  And the only colics I've had (with an average on 15
horses or more at any given time) has been when I FAILED to follow my own
regime.