This message is from: "Meredith Sessoms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I don't kiss them very much but I love to hug them and cuddle with them.
Dorina is a great cuddler.  I wrap my arms around her great neck and she
puts her head back and wraps it around me.  Of course it helps that I
scratch her chest at the same time, then she sticks her nose in the air and
wobbles her lips which in Fjordese means, "That's it, that's the right spot!
Oh, a little lower ... yea."  And sometimes I just quietly hug her and she
lets me bury my nose in her fur.  Such grand animals, so much better than
the cutest Dakin and Russ collection.

Three year old Aagot is much too curious to let me just quietly hug on her,
so I wait until she's eating her oats then I stand on a bucket and drape
myself over her back, I hug her and gently scratch her side while she eats.
Since I've only been on her back a couple of times for less than a minute,
bareback with Steve holding her lead rope, I love laying across her back,
feeling her strength and broad back and imagining how she will be as a
beautiful riding horse.

If I go out to see them late at night, sleepy Aagot and old Dorina don't
want to be bothered.  So I find a root to sit on to be with them and listen
to their breathing, owls hooting, rustling in the woods, the strange sonic
chirps of flying squirrels, whip-poor-wills calling, foxes yodeling,
neighbors dogs barking and other night creatures.

Meredith Sessoms
Soddy-Daisy TN USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
~ Dorina & NFR Aagot ~