This message is from: "Meredith Sessoms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanksgiving Day is an American holiday where we get together with family
and friends and give thanks for our bounty of good food.

Our pilgrim forefathers in an early New England colony, were starving one
winter and were saved by Indians who saw their plight and provided wild
turkeys, corn and other foods.  They feasted together, made new friends and
the Pilgrims survived to tell the tale.  On the 3rd Thursday in November we
celebrate this event and the fact that this country has (for the most part)
been so good to its people.

Our family gets together and the women cook for two days while the men
watch football on TV.  We traditionally serve baked turkey, dressing and
gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, baked ham, sweet potatoes topped with
marshmallows, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and butter, pumpkin pie and
whatever else strikes our fancy - then we do it all again a month later for
Christmas dinner!  It is a most delicious meal, but we get so stuffed it
hurts to breathe!  Then we eat the leftovers for a week - eating turkey
sandwiches until we can't stand any more.  And for some strange reason,
turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce are usually served only during the
holidays so it is a very special meal every year.

Meredith Sessoms
Soddy-Daisy TN USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
~ Dorina & NFR Aagot ~