This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  Well - Baby Jaws has graduated to an actual NAME - Odin seems to meet with
the approval of everyone, so we are trying to teach ourselves to abandon all
his temporary names.  However - we are still wondering about his "temporary"
color.  Maybe someone has some guesses.

He was born with a dark chocolate brown (sorta rosey or liver colored brown)
dorsal stripe - though it sometimes looked closer to charcoal.  During the
summer the mane stripe looked black, but with the ends of the mane bleached
out to brown.  In his summer coat he developed  definite gray points on his
ears, grey eyebrow marks and grey spots on his upper foreleg.  His muzzle
was chocolate brown/grey, and his forehead was light grey.  His body
remained silvery (except for the incredible staining and filth).

NOW - his leg markings have turned dark brown like his mother, but he has
darker marks high on his forelegs (where his mother just has a slightly
darker place in her overall coat color).  These marks were definitely grey
all summer.  His legs look like his brown dun mother, his mane looks like
his mother's, but his nose is different.  It is a chocolate brown/grey (dark
"rose" grey), with no white on the muzzle, and his forehead is still a light
grey.  His body is still silver/white.  His dorsal stripe is the same rosey
chocolate - liver colored actually) So.... what color is he?

His current color matches nothing I've ever heard described, except
*possibly* a very light brown dun.  The odd thing, though, is that his other
markings should be lighter as well if he is a very light dun, right?  The
marks right around his eyes are very dark (eyeliner) and they are still
looking grey. His nose is dark - but more rosey than the charcoal dark color
I've seen on the really dark brown duns.  His forehead is still light grey.

One day Jim will get his pictures off the digital camera and I'll send some
to you, but in the meantime - any guidance?
Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Clicker List Web Site : http://clickryder.cjb.net