This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, we got 2 surprises today.  2 of my mares were starting to look a little
portly, so I had them ultrasounded and Hostar's a daddy (2X) more this year.
 The surprise was that one is my competition horse Nessy.  We bred her before
I decided to drive this year.  In both cases  ultrasounds  etc..showed the
foals were being absorbed, or so we thought.  In one case because of twins
the mare had absorbed it on her own and the last time we checked, it seemed
she was not pregnant. Wrong, she was!  I knew Nessy was pregnant and was only
going to compete her through Gladstone this year.  When she wasn't pregnant I
took her to Fair Hill Intermediate (20 Kilometer course) She came in in great
condition, low temp and pulse etc... The poor thing, she must be 5 months
along....Wow, is that a testament to how tough these horses are. She is now
getting a well deserved rest poor girl!  We received a letter saying Nessy
and I are longlisted for the US Equestrian Team in 'Combined Driving for the
world games in 2000 , because of our combined driving scores this year.  What
they did not realize is Nessy is a pony and you Can't compete internationally
in the horse division. I was proud of her, this was her first year out.  I
did however have to let the Driving Committee know she is a pony. I think the
mix up was because they had put Craig and I in the horse division a couple of
times this year, due to not enough ponies at that level.  Oh, well there is
always next year.  Happy thanksgiving to you and your fjords! Laura of Mink
Hollow  Ps if anyone is interested we have revised our prices for a herd
reduction sale and they have been lowered substantially so take a look, they
should be accurate now http://www.norwegianfjordhorses.com Bye!