This message is from: Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Is it possible to do (for this purpose only) an
>informal email group to help the Southwest Chapter get started?  Or even put
>out a mailing directed to fjord owners in the Southwest.

Pamela, thanks for an excellent suggestion.  I don't know about an email group
which would be beyond my
capabilities.  Steve McIree is the only one I know of on the list with that
particular genius :o)  But a direct
mailing would be possible.  Some few of you who know me personally know I  am
mobility limited.  But if it
can be done via a word processor, I'm game!

So, anyone in the SW area who is interested in forming or simply belonging to a
SW Chapter, please email
me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and provide your email and snail mail addresses.  Also,
please indicate whether
you would be willing to help in the actual organizing or whether you have the
time to only "join".

Also, any of you who were instrumental in establishing the existing Fjord
groups, I would appreciate private
emails which include suggestions on how you got started, what your clubs' goals
are and how you operate.

Sue in Sandia, can I forward all emails to you and get your assistance?  It was
your idea :o)  We can share
some of the "slog through the process" stuff.

Steve, thank you for allowing me to "blow off steam" about this issue.  I
appreciate your suggestions. (I also
get frustrated because I can't jump up and make it happen!)  I agree an
evaluation may not be the appropriate
place to start.  However, I do believe this needs to be the ultimate goal as
the folks in our region seem to be
more interested in an evaluation than anything else.  If the formation of a
cohesive group will promote such an
activity, a future evaluation may provide the necessary motivation.

So, with the List's permission, I invite you to contact me privately.  And with
their further permission, I will
report to the List any new info and further requests for participation.

Larson in New Mexico where this morning the temperature is bitter cold but will
warm nicely as the sun
continues to rise.