This message is from: Evers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Wow Michelle,  I WOULD have peed my pants if I'd been there!

I too have gotten "hung-up" on a saddle horn; my young QH mare ( many years
ago) started bucking while I was riding with friends one winter.  My down
coat's waist band got caught on the horn, but the seams holding the zipper
on gave out after the 2nd or third jump.  Talk about feathers flying!!  My
friend said she thought it had started to snow........ smart a**.

I guess I am very fortunate to have two saddles that fit both me and my
fjords ( three of them).  The first is a custom made western on an SF
Bowman 'roper' tree with modified QH bars, 4" straight cantle, rounded
skirts, and 3" dally post horn.  I am double lucky in the fact that my dad
is a saddle maker and he and I were the ones that built my saddle!  I put
the ground seat in myself, and tested it every step of the way. ( nothing I
hate worse than the old flat seated factory saddles that feel like you are
sitting on a 2 x 6 board!)  We built the saddle with my paint stallion in
mind, and it fits the Fjords great.  My second saddle is a Georg Kieffer
Aachen I  "dual purpose" saddle, and I can't say enough good things about
it.  Just the most wonderful saddle I've ever had the pleasure to sit.
Honestly, I prefer it over my western saddle, ( and I do love my western! )
I really feel more secure in my Kieffer.

Amy ( in central OR where it's starting to act like winter.....we had our
first snow a week ago today! )

Bud, Tillie & Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8589
"Speak yer mind, but ride a fast horse."