This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 12:35 PM 10/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
This message is from: "Teressa Kandianis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I was also wondering if Gjestar 1560 is the same as King Gjestar - if not,
is there any relationship.

No they are not the same horse. Gjestar n-1560 is King Gjestar's Grandsire. here is King's pedigree:

KING GJESTAR  126-A  GB-O-208-S
Foaled May 26, 1975
Bred by GENE BAUER,  ROUND LAKE,  IL

                KLEPPAR  N-1462
        GJESTAR  N-1560  C-3
                MOLLA  N-9553
GJESTARSON  102-A
                ROTFAST  N-1540
        N-60-137-M NORA  N-12232  2018-A
                FRIDA  N-12345

                SOLVFAST  N-1557
        KING HARALD  101-A
                LIV  N-12081
SEVERINA  2007-A
                SANKO  N-1522
        DAGMAR  2002-A
                OSLO MISS  #3  AFS

Also I see pedigrees with the dam listed as
Purdy mare.  From the bloodline discussion, it seems evident that the
Purdy's were breeders at one time.  Can anyone relate that story?

The Purdy's were breeders at one time for sure. I am afraid I don't know enough about it to give the story though.

I'd also
be interested in Woodland's Dustin's pedigree - he is such a beautiful
animal and seems to have so many different skills.

Here is Dusty's pedigree:

WOODLAND'S DUSTIN  C-401  WW-Z-079-S
Foaled June 2, 1986
Bred by EUGENE R. CRANDALL,  BELLINGHAM,  WA

                FELDER  N-1707
        PLUTO  N-1831
                VIGDIS  N-13367
ANVIL'S PLUTO  C-173 N-V-080-S