This message is from: "Lindsay&Jim Sweeney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

You wrote:
> Hello from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia -
>
> We just received our new issue of the Fjord Herald, and it was a good one
> with lots of great horses pictured.

I agree, Carol, there are some great pictures! As I was reading through the
Herald, I picked up on a couple things I'd like to share with those
interested in
bloodlines.  So get out your Heralds and follow along.  Add in where you
can!  If you do not get the Fjord Herald contact the Norwegian Fjord Horse
Registry to subscribe to the one and only breed magazine for Fjords in NA!

When I got to page thirty-three, I caught my breath over the photo of the
magnificent stallion Holunder from Purton Fjords aknowledging his passing
this year.  As most
breeders know Holunder was a stallion with a license to breed from the
Dutch Stud Book, Approved for breeding and a proven producer.   Holunder
has left behind many top quality offspring as his legacy.  Just in this
issue alone I found the following connections to Holunder, anyone else know
more?

*The photo of the Gauraldi sisters riding sidesaddle at the NFHA show
aboard Amy and Hannah, both mares sired by Holunder!

*The Overall Reserve Champion Halter at the NFHA show was SF Holund, sired
by Holunder!  Holund, owned and shown by the Johanssons also won the
geldings 3-5 and the gelding championship, as well as earning a tie with
BDF Jason for the Novice driving division.

*The second place mare in the 3-5 yr was Dora out of Dorina by Holunder.
Dora also won the prestigious Egg and Spoon Race with her owner Tracy
Morse.

*First place winner in the mares 6-10 SF Sunday is sired by Holunder (right
Sue?!)  SF Amy placed fourth.  And SF Hannah placed fourth in the 11 and up
yr mares.  These offspring did well in performance as well, scan those
results for their names!

*and Is RRF Hans also by Holunder?  He was the second place gelding 6-10
yrs

I also noticed several connections to other stallions, so if you all like
this kind of info let me know and I will do Solar, Myrstein, Konggard,
Hilmar, and Gjest since I recognize offspring of theirs in our magazine as
well.

Got to go, two posts in one day should be plenty!
Lindsay Sweeney