This message is from: "Tish Pasqual" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The Glory bit was raved about by many as a great bit for driving, if you want
to read the full deal on it check out this website (it is TrotOn, "home" to the
CD-L, Carriage Driving List http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/Archives/cd-l.html) ;
you can search the archives by typing in Glory bit.  In fact, if you want a
full running discussion of "tongue over bit", just type that in.  Some of the
people on this list are very high-powered driving folks, and reading the
archives is a great way to get all kinds of driving information.  The cost of
the Glory was $80 shipped, and it is really a beautiful thing - surprisingly
big, and it looks cast.  The high port really helps with the tongue over the
bit - something I have seen a surprising number of times, not a good thing.
The maker was very familiar with this problem and he said that some breeds just
have thick tongues and it is uncomfortable for them and they will work to free
their tongues.  If you just want to talk to the maker about them or order one,
his phone and address are

Ray Johnson
Glory Metal Works
RFD 1 Box 200
Plymouth, NH 03264  USA

603-536-2665 or
fax 603-726-3766.

He has made quite a few of them for Fjords.  When I say Elph is going well in
it, I mean he mouths the bit, seems content to hold it in his mouth, I can be
extremely soft with my hands and he responds to me, and, he has never put his
tongue over it!

The Waggoner's address is http://www.minihorses.com/Text/wagoner.html.  Dale is
who I worked with and the cart was shipped very promptly.

Good luck!

Tish and Elphie in Minneapolis