This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi List,  Martie, Marsha has good points, look at this as a learning exp. and
you will do better if you feel safe.  Safe , Clean and tidy is what you need
to concentrate on and haveing the ADS appointments required, like a spares
kit, lap robe of some sort, gloves and whipetc..She is right you may get
marked down by certain judges because you are not in traditional garb.  I try
and opt for Safety also, If my harness is brass and I need tongues that are
stainless, and a bit of stainless, to feel safer, I will do that.  At the
Laurels I chose to drive the dressage test with a beautiful Holly whip, bad
choice, my horse did well but she could have been great had I used the whip I
have been training her with, she wasn't ready yet to switch. I kept the whip
I train her with at Gladstone and she was amazing!  Try to do everything with
harness and dress as you would day of show so you have no surprises, bad Idea
to change things day of.  On clipping , it is good for the horse to cool off,
try it!  Look at pictures on my web page, http://www.norwegianfjordhorses.com
 for examples of trace clips we do.  We shave under the belly and you do not
have to go to far up the side till you experiment and become brave!  The
chest and neck are a good idea.  Just take your time, your horse will
thankyou. Do not shave under the girth, for protection.  Anne Morgan Fair
Hill is in Maryland DE  oct 22 to 24 th , Fri is dressage, sat. is marathon,
sun. cones.  phone for info 410-755-6065.  This is an Intermediate and
Advanced Competition in Combined Driving.  Ingrid, I am so sorry to hear
about your horse, if eating sounds on the mend.  I am surprised to hear she
got it , aren't you in Ohio?  Usually a southern disease I thought.  We vac.,
 our show horses that travel for this.  Good idea if you go state to state .
L of the Hollow