This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For anyone on the List that is interested in dressage competitions, I thought
I would share with you some pretty exciting news.

 This year I have been showing a gelding, BDF Idar, that I purchased from
Beaver Dam Farm last year. This horse was primarily a driving horse and his
exposure to any type of dressage training was new to him. When I first got
him, I couldn't work him hard for almost 6 months because he got a bad
pneumonia shipping from Nova Scotia to CA. Once he was healthy, we began
working on fundamental dressage, and I am proud to say that in less than a
year, this horse has come home from the United States Dressage Federation
Regional Championships Show where he placed 6th in the Training Level
Division against a fabulous field of the top dressage horses in this region.
Realistically, it is hard to place at a show of this caliber with ANY horse,
so the fact that I was riding a Fjord made it even more special.

After a well-deserved "break" of a few weeks from training (any longer than
this and he gets bored), Idar will begin preparing for his next show at First
Level.

So if anyone else has a Fjord with very good gaits and a good attitude, get
them out to the dressage arena!

Regards,
Elaine Olsen