This message is from: Debby Stai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi from Debby in Texas. Although I am a first time Fjord owner, I do
have four other horses, all of different breeds. I clip and blanket all
of mine. My husband is active duty army, so we've had the horses with us
in Texas several times, in Georgia and in Colorado. We like to ride year
round and actually ride more in the winter months, even when living in
Colorado, as we don't like the heat, especially here in San Antonio,
TX.  I really enjoy the fact that my guys have not gotten over heated
from a long coat and that I don't have to spend my time walking and
walking and worrying about putting them up or out while still damp. I
throw a wool cooler on them while I clean tack and throw their blankets
on them. My guys are turned out together and I never have problems with
them tearing each others blankets up. The blankets keep them clean
except for their lower legs. The drawback is that I know I have to be
there to take them off during the day when it warms up as it is
unhealthy for them to sweat under them.  I guess blanketing or not
blanketing is an individual decision, no right or wrong, just what works
for you. Yikes, have to go feed! Debby