This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I can only blanket a fjord if a) the are penned or stabled solo, and b) for short periods of time, as they think it's great fun to "shred the binkie"! Usually it's only a sheet, to keep them clean. I think these horses hair up quite well,thank you, and any insulated blanket is kind of a joke, kind of like a seal in a wet suit.

When I am going into winter/fall, and want to keep up the workload or compete, I do a good old fashioned trace clip, in essence creating a blanket out of the top 2/3 of their body hair, but clipping out the belly,chest, and underside of neck. Looks really cool if done right, and you CAN go wild,if you are the creative type, (and what weegee owner isn't?),and do snazzy designs on flanks and hips...Great fun for those who love to clip.

Tonite I will turn on my electric blanket for the 2nd time in a month...BRRRR!

              Karen