This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/6/99 7:38:54 Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Andy's also have this lovely temperament, which
 sounds very similar to the Fjord, also they are a strong horse, but can
 be kind and gentle, and love people.  But you have to work with them,
 and teach them to respect you thru kindness and firmness......so am I
 learning about a breed that is a small version of another breed that I
 admire, when though they have evolved quite differently? >>

Way different breed, but one I admire immensely.  I think they're a little
more "hot" than a fjord, but still have a wonderful temperment.  A friend of
mine owns a beautiful great tempered Andalusian stallion.  She puts her
handicapped nephew on him and he's an angel.  He drives well and is a great
riding horse.  All his babies are calm and nicely conformed.  They are good
horses.  I almost bought one before I bought my fjords.  BUT.... I chose
fjords for a couple reasons 1) I like being a bit closer to the ground 2) I
like the temperment just a little bit better than the Andys.  Andys are
gentle and sweet, but the fjords I've met have all been a bit more laid back.
 Good luck and happy horse hunting!

Pamela