This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 10:46 AM 10/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: " Dave McWethy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a son of Modellin (who produced white duns only one out four), and a
grandson, both white.  I am glad not all Fjords are white, as I highly value
the other colors, and most of mine are brown duns, but I think the whites
have a special place.  When they are clean (Modellin and his son didn't go
long between rolls in the mud), they have a glow that takes white to a new
dimension, which I can't imagine anyone would love.

Modellen produced 27 brown dun, 18 white dun & 1 cremello or kvit as the Norwegians call it.

Modellin, unfortunately died last spring.  Montano, his half brother, by
Modella, is still alive.  He is brown dun.  Has he ever produced a white?
Anyone know?

Montano has 37 foals registered.  All 37 of them are brown dun.

I have some wonderful Modellin pictures if folks want to see them.  I'll
have to dig them out of a disk.  One is from the cover of the Herald many
years ago.  As many times as I have seen it, it still makes me miss a
breath.

I would like a good one for the upcoming stallion page on the web site Dave.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114