This message is from: Carolyn Dumong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ingrid Ivic wrote:

> This message is from: Ingrid Ivic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > My question is, what do you use to care for
> > your tack? These things are in good condition, but a bit dry and in need of
> > TLC.
> >
> > Brigid in CA
> >
> I use "Leather New"...seems to work well for most dryness problems. It
> is a spray on type of glycerin soap. Also, just plain 'ole Olive oil
> works well too...but don't use too much of either one. Hope this helps,
> Ingrid    ;o)
I use Leather Therapy...but it doesn't come in a spray.  You have to
squirt it on a damp sponge and apply.  Works well.  Rather pricey.  I
just changed to leather tack with white stitching, so have to work
around the stitching, because I'm afraid of discoloring.  I should have
stuck with my nylon stuff which I could just throw in the washer!  But
she looks soooo "stylin'" in her new leather gear!  Another tip...throw
the gear into a bucket or laundry tub with water and some Murphy's Oil
Soap.  Let it soak for awhile, scrub with a soft brush, rinse lightly
and let dry.  Then do your oiling/conditioning.
                        Carolyn in S. Florida where we had a glorious breeze
today...we are
looking forward to some cooler, DRY weather!!!