This message is from: Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Brigid, as regards your questions about Fjords and children - I have to agree
with a few of the list members
who mentioned Fjords are "still" horses.  If I have one problem with the breed,
it is with the folks who believe
they are infalable strictly by virtue of being Fjords.  Though the breed in
general has one of the mildest
temperaments, their personalities do run the gamut.  As you have seen by Jodi's
post, children love and trust the
Fjords.  However, the unspoken part is that Jodi has been taught since age 2
how to remain safe in the
presence of multiple giants stomping around her.  And the Fjords she has
contact with have been selected
specifically as the typify the desired Fjord temperament.