This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arthur  Rivoire)

Kathy Koshman from Misty Meadows wrote:

>Quad'l's Drey and Lyn carried on with their pony club events through the
summer and Lyn has earned the right to stop
>her responsibilities as a pony club horse:>:>: She absolutely hated
jumping the solid fences in the cross country
>events and was being pushed too fast. She used the cleverest evasive
techniques I have ever seen. One day, she was
>fourth in a line of six riders  to do the course  - everyone trotted
toward a circular wooden bridge over a stream -
>the first three riders on their warmbloods ended up in a mess as their
horses refused to go near the awful structure.
>Lyn looked neither left nor right, just trotted over. After cantering
around a field, they were to jump the stream on
>the way back about forty yards away  the bridge. Those warmbloods lept
across like gazelles. Lyn cantered in with a
>nice straight approach. At the last minute, you could see her brain
thinking: "No, wait, I don't have to do this,
>there is a bridge upstream- I know this - those horses are idiots!!" She
did an instant sidepass to the bridge,
>crossed over it and stopped very pleased with herself.

Thanks Kathy!  That story cracked me up, and I still can't stop laughing.
Arthur said, "That's exactly what Tessa would do."

Regards,  Carol

Carol and Arthur Rivoire
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II
R.R. 7 Pomquet