This message is from: "Oscar & Shirley Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    Thought I would relate an incident that occurred yesterday.  One of my
youngsters, a sweet 2-year old mare, apparently found a bee's nest in the
woods behind our barn.  Lareena's nose and left eye were swollen, and her
face was puffy when I first observed her.  After visiting with Bob (my vet),
I returned to monitor Lareena and found her face, nose and right eye rapidly
swelling, and her left eye now swollen shut.  Bob had instructed me to watch
the throat latch area carefully, and fortunately Lareena had no indicators
of any breathing problems.  I spent about two hours hosing Lareena's face to
control the swelling.   The cold water worked effectively as the swelling
slowed, and began to recede.  The swelling in her nose and right eye were
visibly reduced at the end of two hours, and Lareena was able to open her
left eye by supper time.  This morning all is well, and I'm sure  we were
very lucky that Lareena's reaction to the stings was limited to swelling.
    On to other stuff - Bridget in CA asked what others on the list do with
their Fjords.  I trail ride and do some very beginning level driving, we
also pack with our horses.  My daughter shows at area open shows and places
well in Western,  Bareback and trail classes.  She shows English as well as
jumping in the show ring.  Budd (our gelding) has even done some gaming.  So
what haven't we done with a Fjord - well I guess I haven't sold one to my
neighbor, the area reining king, but I'm working on that.
Shirley Anderson.