This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 OK, here's a new experience for me. Just got the word from Doc that my horse
has a nasty case of thrush. This is a new one for me, as I have yet to have a
horse that developed this. Seems I was picking out his feet with the usual
rather pointed hoofpick I use, on the idea that it is better to get to the
bottom of the frog grooves. Suddenly I pulled off a piece of frog and had a
dripping wound. I took him over to the vet's, as I had him on the trailer
anyway for a party, and he said the frog was somewhat contracted and I had
been damaging it by digging the grooves deeper and deeper with the pick. From
what he said, the contracted part is not going to lead to future lameness or
worse, but may predispose him to this sort of thing if I am not careful. At
this point, when I was putting the medication in, my finger actually went
UNDER the frog with the cotton ball, as if the whole frog is detatching and
coming off. A call to Doc indicatred this may well occur, and he will have to
regrow a new frog. Needless to say, this has caused me some severe stress and
concern, as I am NOT looking forward to the job of hunting for a new horse to
replace him if this doesn't work out. Anyone out there have a similar
experience, and what sort of end result did you get, satisfactory and sound,
or continuing problems or worse?  Merek