This message is from: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello list members,

Today, my farrier applied some new shoes to my seven year old, Knute.  Knute
is ouchy here, riding and runny on the hard sun-baked clay and rocks of
northern California.  Especially after a trim job.  So we are trying some
new shoes.  They are a little wider to support the hoof wall and a little
thicker, cause he's a big boy.  He also added some chucks of borium at the
tip to give him a little more traction on pavement.  I ride him on pavement
out of our neighborhood to get him to rocky dirt paths to trail ride.  (not
far, about 6 house lengths, don't worry).  The farrier says the borium will
outlast the shoe.  Does anyone have experience with borium for traction?
I'm going to ride him tonight when it is cooler.  I 'll start out slow with
him, since he won't be used to the new stopping power he'll have.

Thanks to all for the Libby updates.  I sounded like a wonderful weekend.
Hope to attend next year.  See you all at Turlock.  I am entering a couple
of classes.  Please be kind to an older rider,  who is getting into horses
again.  Don't laugh too loud!!!!   Denise in Calif.