This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello list,
I thought I would add my 2 cents here, not because I know more about it, but
because I own 2 fjords, one with a clipped mane, the other with it long and
natural.  Thought I'd share why I keep it this way.
My boy with the cut mane, is very blocky and drafty....it fits him, if you
will, to have the short mane. Now my other boy is taller & narrower, with a
WONDERFUL neck, but the long mane looks SO nice on him :)  It makes him very
handsome.  I got him this way, at age 5, and have continued to let it grow.
My friend who comes riding with me once a week, keeps after me to cut it and
show off that wonderful neck of his.....but to me he wouldn't be the same
horse....I've had him this way for 2yrs now.  So for me...One of mine will
always have the shorter mane, and the other, as far as I'm concerned, will
always have the long.....it fits him. :)
Have a good day all!

Aimee
Garland, Maine