This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I saw a picture of a fjord with a long mane. It looked terrible. Very unruly and messy looking and very unfjordlike... If you leave them long, they tip over the neck and break down the crest... I think they are required to be trimmed to be shown.

Suzan

Too bad you have been exposed to a horse that became overweight while at the same time having an untrimmed mane. I have a gorgeous mare, Jorunn, dam of many fine get,including NFHR Silver medallion mare, Tise. Jorunn's ( Rosie's), mane has only been cut once, when I decided to show her one year, long ago. I let it revert back to it's long and natural state,and have left it au natural ever since, as I really think it befits her. It does not pull her neck over, and yes this can happen even if the mane is trimmed.

As far as showing w/ an untrimmed mane, I think it would be frowned upon, but don't think it would be cause for rejection...Is there some rule to this effect?

Karen in Carson City, NV, in the midst of way too many wildfires!