This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 07:13 PM 8/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Was surprised to read that horsemanship halters, a very light piece of rope
>and light on a horse's face, are not allowed at shows or evaluations--but
>stud chains which can cause real damage and are very severe are.

The reason we didn't allow the knotted rope halter was to keep everything even. I agree in the right hands it would be fine. I might add that I think the person that wanted to use it would not have been a problem either. The whole thing was like we have been talking about with the rules. If they specifically allow some items then that automatically disallows anything that isn't on that list. The knotted rope halter isn't & wasn't an approved item in the rules.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114