This message is from: "Joe & Denise Galbraith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List,

I have followed this discussion on evaluations very carefully.

I don't really think it works exactly like this.  It is more likely that a
stallion owner breeds all of his/her own mares that wouldn't cause an
inbred situation.  Once someone owns a stallion they don't very often use
outside stallions unless it is because of close relationships

Mike I think you do a great disservice to Fjord breeders certainly can't
speak for everybody nor would I want to but I find your comment out of
line.  I know quite a few breeders and  all are honest people trying to
forward this breed. Trying to find "new" blood isn't always easy but we go
to great lengths to breed responsibly and with the best of the breed always
foremost in our minds. There are a lot of us who work everyday with our
horses .  We do this everyday out of our love of horses .  We chose Fjords
to work and breed on our ranch because they were hardy willing working
companions. We looked and worked with many other breeds before deciding on
Fjords.  Our decision was based on our knowledge of horses and what breed
could get the job done best.  Fjords are wonderful powerhouses of energy
and personality as we all know.  To even suggest that we or other breeders
take the "easy path" is totally unacceptable

Breeding horses for profit is a losing proposition most of the time.  It is
done for the love of horses and the pleasure it brings to those lucky
enough to have the opportunity.

Joe and Denise Galbraith

  • [no subject] Joe & Denise Galbraith
    • Re: Mike May, Registrar NFHR