This message is from: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

to all on the list,
since we've heard a little about what people are doing with their fjords
this weekend, i thought i'd add my little story too.  i took knute, the  7
year old i bought from lisa p. in may, on a three hour trail ride.  i live
close to the mokelumne river canyon.  from our house there is a back river
road chiseled out of shale and rock.  it is an old mining road and very
steep in places.  after the initial shock of realizing his buddy quinn was
staying home, he settled down and behaved like a pro.  he loves to get out
on the trail.  this was the first time i took him down to the river though.
he was a little weary of walking across a little tiny stream, but with lots
of urging and a little help from a wisp of willow i grabbed, he made it over
and got lots of congrats and pats.  when we got to the river, i got off to
have some water and an apple.  he got two carrots.  then he ran into the
river,  up and over my saddle's cinch and proceeded to submerge his head up
to his ears, swinging it back and forth and blowing bubbles the whole time.
when he came up he started splashing and hitting at the water with his front
legs.  by this time i am drenched and so i figured what the heck and we went
in deeper.  he created such a spectacle, people on the other side, stopped
fishing and walked over just to watch him.  he had a blast!!  so that's what
i and one of my fjords did this morning.  great day to all,  denise delgado
in northern calif.