This message is from: Steven A White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Ah then Steve White, if the biology law says species to the north
>grow
>larger than those to the south, how do you account for the very small
>deer
>in parts of northern Europe where they have lived for hundreds of
>years???????
>Jean Gayle
>Aberdeen, WA

Jean,

The key words here are: mammals of the SAME SPECIES.  Those deer (Dama
dama) are a different species than the North American Whitetail
(Odocoileus virginianus).  However, if these European deer have relatives
in the southern part of Europe (I don't know) they generally should be
smaller yet.

Steve White,
Waterloo, Nebraska USA