This message is from: Steven A White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I would like to expand a little on Brian's reply to  breeding 3y olds.
Thank you Brian for the reply.  I agree whole hearted.

When you compare the maturity to breed with the maturity to start riding,
you are comparing apples to oranges.  I think we are being a little
anthropomorphic here (babies having babies).  As Brian said, it has not
been shown that breeding young stunts growth or otherwise causes harm.
It is common practice with warmbloods (especially in Europe) to breed
them young.  They can't ride them yet as they too are late maturing, so
you might as well breed them so they are earning their keep.

It seems society is more involved with the proper age to reproduce.  Many
years back, if you were a woman past the age of 16 and weren't married
and reproducing you were considered and old maid.  In recent years the
20's were more proper.  Now it seems families are encouraged to wait
until their 30's when their careers are more established before starting
families.

Steve White
Waterloo, Nebraska, USA