This message is from: "griet vandenbroucke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List,

Here in Belgium (I Know it's a small country) there are only 12 stallions
approved for 1999.
And I think there is a good system to test them.
When you have a studcolt and you want them to become a breeding stallion,
there is an extremely long way to go for them.
Each year they have to be tested at least 3 times. Each time they have to
obtain an A level.
After a few years (don't know exactly) they can breed mares.
This goes on for 6 years.Each year there also is a weeks testing program, so
the stallions can prove their quality, strengt, movements.....
Only after those 6 years they become aprroved stallion for live.
An example. A sstallion who passes his test for 5 years and the 6th he
doesn't can never again become an approved stallion.
Last year two of them had that.
I Think in those first 6 years they can breed and the foals can obtain their
pedigree.

Just my story about our stallions.

Griet with Fjordfever from Belgium.