This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The lines are tight because if is not a pretty sight when one horse pulls
the other backwards. As I said before, they don't start together because
they have talked it over. I have worked teams for around 25 yr now &
almost always have one horse that works off the other. To counteract this
one must get them going at the same time. My technique is tight lines.
Please, if anyone knows a different technique, I'm all ears, educate me.

The lines are tight in the woods because I lose more than 5 pts. if they
hit the tree I'm interesting in avoiding. See, in the woods the trees
don't move like the cones do. When they are asked to stop, I don't need a
tight line to have them stand. They are very content to stand there.
Often, the lines are on one of their butt's because I'm off doing
something
elsewhere.

Self serving. Gee does it have anything to do with posts that ALWAYS seem
to have something to do with how great one's stallion is?

Does anyone think "the weakening of the breed" has anything to do with
trying to make a 15HH horse out of a 13.2HH pony?

Breeding 2 yr old fillies. Would any of us like our 12 yr old daughters
to have a baby?  Sure, physically it is possible -mentally?  I don't
think so, but what do I know. Interesting to hear they (the horses, not
our daughters) get most of their height by 2 yr. But don't they, like us,
put on more weight, more bone density, more maturity?

Bye

Joel Harman