This message is from: "Starfire Farm, LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Carol Rivoire wrote:
The Europeans have a lot of interesting and sound ideas about breeding horses.
One of them is not to breed mares or stallions that aren't sexually and
reproductively strong.

As I understand it, there are verbands (registries) in Europe which do allow
breeding practices such as embryo transfer.  This allows a performance mare to
continue her performance career, rather than taking time off to bear and raise
a foal.  However, I also think that, with some of the verbands, the mare is
required to show that she can carry a foal full term prior to reproducing via
embryo transfer.  Anyone else know more about this?

Beth
Starfire Farm in beautiful, partly cloudy, then sunny today, Colorado.