This message is from: misha nogha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

As you know, it is the boss mare who is the head of a wild group of horses.
Young colts who are too agressive and not well mannered get kicked out of a
herd. A lone horse is kind of a fast food situation for predators. A
stallion who is a slam bam thank you ma'm may never have a chance to breed
in the wild because mares rarely tolerate that kind of behaviour in
stallions if they are left to their own devices and not hobbled up and put
in breeding chutes. Kindness does not equal weakness. Stallions have to be
assertive, to be sure. But assertive does not mean bad tempered.

On the strength of stallions, ie conformation, in Holland, I am sorry to
hear that some people feel they are not what they used to be. Is that
really true, If so, whose fault is that then? Looks to me like we have some
really super horses in North America that are pretty tough boys. A lot of
them are pretty nice guys too, my gosh, I got to babysit a few for people
at Libby over the years and found them to be real swell guys. It's one of
the things I like about Fjords, they seem real family kind of horses.

Misha