This message is from: "Laurie Pittman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List,

     I've been thinking about this ever since we were told that there was
NOTHING TO DISCUSS concerning crossbreeding. First of all, I'll say again
that I totally agree with no crossbreeding fjords. However, I do not agree
that we should not even discuss it. Remember folks, that there all always
new people joining the list, and this topic is going to keep coming up. If
you'll remember the last time it came up, it was about someone who *might*
be thinking about crossing a fjord and a zebra. By the time the discussion
ran it's course, I'm sure that these people knew all kinds of reasons why
they shouldn't do it, as well as the consequences of such a breeding (losing
their fjords registration). Every time that this topic had come up (that I
know of), it has revolved around why we should not allow crossbreeding. It
seems to me that this would help educate the people that are new to the
breed and might wonder about this. Isn't that what we want to do?

JMO
Laurie, in NW Washington