This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 7/23/99 2:57:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< But I feel arabs often
 get bad press, and undeservedly so.  I never appreciated arabs so much as
 watching them do endurance racing.   They are the undisputed masters of the
 sport.  After 100 miles they can still look fresh.  The endurance arabs I
 know are models of quiet good behavior.

 I think much of the problem is that they have abundant energy that needs to
 be put to work.  Arabs that stand and vegetate do not thrive on that
 program, and can be difficult.  The ones that work are exquisite.  Not my
 kind of horse, but one worthy of enormous respect and admiration.

Just had to respond to this,Dave.  I'm chuckling as I write this.  I've
trained quite a few Arabs so have some history to draw from.  I've had good
ones and bad ones that are exactly as you describe.  However, the reason that
Arabs still look fresh after 100 miles is that it took the first 75 miles
just to get the edge off of them so they could start thinking and go to work!
LOL!  I've often joked about raising my training fee for Arabs because they
took more of my time.

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams
Eugene, OR