This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The barn that I teach out of has a small morgan breeding program going on.
She is VERY selective about her stallions that she chooses.  So far she has 4
wonderful, kind, talented babies.  Unfortunatly with Morgans the tendency is
going towards the saddlebred look.  Personally if I wanted a saddlebred I
would buy one.  But there are still clusters of breeders who stay with the
original purpose of the breed.  What angers me are the abundence of mixed
parentage horses out there who are so poorly bred that they are never sound
and are in one word...ugly.  I think all the breed organizations should have
regulations for cross breeding.  Maybe not as strict as the fjords, but
possibly only to "approved" horses?  It would be a major undertaking, but
possibly it would save the purity of each breed.  I do love my fjord
tho...he's one of a kind.
Kate