This message is from: "fjords" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This message is from Lauren Sellars at Snowy Mtn Fjords
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 I call it the wildlands because of the frequent visitors we have
ie.bear, cougars, coquotees,& rattlesnakes  Also because of the wild
things we get into usually involving fjords. Our back door opens onto a
huge wilderness Snowy Mtn. We live on the Similkameen River in
B.C.Canada  very close to the U.S. border  near Oroville Washinton.
 I think these fjords are the greatest .We tried some endurance riding
this Spring and did quite well for our first race.  I am curious as to
how fjords have done in endurance racing. I heard rumors of a fjordhorse
making it to the worlds is this true? How many miles? We did 23 miles on
our 2 fjord geldings in 3 hours it was a total blast. Preparing for it
was just a great excuse for fun too. We came across a Mama bear and her
2 cubs.I know I was far more nervous about this up close and to personal
encounter, then either of our fjords or the bears. We took 3 fjords to a
horse show this weekend and our 4 month old colt Snowy's Cheyenne was a
total hit and our 12 year old boy Chelan handled him perfectly and our 2
year old kept disappearing into Cheyennes pen to snuggle up with him.
People were in a state of shock over how gentle and sweet such a younge
foal could be. The other 2 horses did great as well. It is a privalage
to own such fine fjords.
Hope you are all having fun
Lauren Sellars