This message is from: Brian Wesley Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all,
        I am new to the list and to riding also. I am currently taking lessons
in natural horsemanship with the hope of obtaining a good Fjord partner
one day.
My question though, is regarding barn construction. My husband and I are
in the
process of buying some rural acreage. We are considering building a barn
ourselves
from pre-cut lumber provided by a company called Shelter Kit
Incorporated (http://www.shelter-kit.com/barn.html). We would live in
this structure while our house
was being built. The barn will be either 24' x 32' or 24' x 40' with a
loft. I was
thinking of concrete floor (pad) construction over which I could place
rubber mats in the
stall area, once it becomes a real barn. What else should I consider,
thinking especially
in terms of things that would be difficult to add later on-like a rough
texture to the concrete or drains, for example. If this was your barn to
be built from scratch,
what things would you include. Thanks for any help you could offer.
Regards,
Gail Simmons