This message is from: "Laurie Pittman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       I've been reading about how everybody is hanging their gates with
the top hinge turned over and just wanted to comment that while this is
the best way to do it, it does not guarantee that the horses can't get
it off. While it is unlikely, I've had my horses get it off by pushing
on the gate to the point that the hanger twisted enough to allow the
gate to fall off.

      The gates I have now are heavy duty pipe gates made by HiQual. The
hinges and hangers are permanently attached to the gate, so there is no
way that it can be lifted or pushed off the hinges. As I told Jean G. in
a private e-mail, I shouldn't say this around Tor, he might take it as a
challenge. : )

Laurie