This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regarding the garlic.  We tried it last summer on all 4 horses.  My objective
was not having to spray that awful bug spray on them.  We did not have
success with it.  I still had to spray them which defeated the whole purpose
in our eyes.  It's not cheap -- we did buy from Springtime.  We use the
Arbico wasps which they send every month.  You stick them in your manure
areas and they feed on the larvae.  In addition to that, we scoop manure from
the dry lots every other day (actually, my kids do it to earn money!). We
hang fly strips around and also have sliding screen doors on both ends of our
barn.  At least at night when they come in, they have some reprieve from the
bugs.  Oh, I forgot,---- this year, I'm trying those fly boots that are made
out of lawn chair material.  They velcro on like sports boots, but breathe
very well.  At least that helps keep the stomping to a minimum.  So far, I've
only tried them on the front legs.  Only once did our gelding have fun by
pulling them off.  There wasn't a rip on them.  I would have loved to have
seen him do it!