This message is from: Cynthia Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Steve tells me I have not been contributing to the
list much lately, but that is because I have been so
busy enjoying living in New Mexico. A long held dream,
living here is proving to be everything I thought it
would be. The desert is getting ready to break out
blooming and it is really a beautiful time of year
here in Las Cruces. I really like my job at New Mexico
State University.

Keyah and Tank arrived in fine condition and got to
visit with Gail's mares a few days before they all
moved to Tucson. The guys have settled in well and
seem to like their new home. Tank and I have begun to
get out on the roads. He really seems to like trotting
out on the flatter roads and is very enthusiastic. We
have contacted the local driving club and they are
looking forward to having a Fjord amongst them. I have
already been recruited to help set up some driving
clinics since our club in Nebraska was so good about
sponsoring them.

Tank is learning about ignoring big dogs and I think
he will finally get over his plastic bag phobia after
a few more trips out. Either that, or he will continue
to expend a lot more energy avoiding them than he
needs to. We will continue to work on this problem.
Our goal for this year is be prepared for the November
CDE in Tucson. Since we are in a dressage-oriented
barn we are going to get some good help with our
dressage and with lots of roads to drive on, we will
be in good condition by then (both of us!)We also hope
to do some stuff with the driving club in the
Albuquerque-Santa Fe area. (Here we come, Sue!)

I hope any Fjordians will stop in and visit if they
are in the Las Cruces vacinity!

BTW, on recent topics: Tank has always had large
glands and they have never seemed to bother him and
the vets have confirmed they are no problem. I have
always wondered though, if I had him evaluated,
whether they would cause a lower score? Any feedback
on this you evaluators?

Tank has never been shod and he has almost always been
driven and frequently ridden on sometimes rather hard
gravel roads. He has never shown any sign of being
sensitive to footing. I suppose if I get to riding him
in the mountains, I might need to shoe him, but not so
far. The farrier in Nebraska said Tank's feet were so
hard, he always needed to sharpen his tools after
doing him.

Well, I guess that should catch me up for now.

>From wonderful New Mexico!

=====
Cynthia Madden
Las Cruces, NM