This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Karen:
     I imported a mare from Canada who had a ring of swollen glands at her
throat latch.  My vet checked her and said it was nothing to worry about.  (I
have a vet who is kinda basic.)  She said they were salivary glands and not
infected, just overdeveloped.  These glands were so large I could cup them in
my hand and of course she looked "thick" in that area but it was evenly
distributed.
     Now, two years later (and I am sure two years of different feeding), my
mare's glands are barely noticeable.  I will probably never know the cause of
"the cure" let alone the cause of the swelling but all seems well.

Pam Garofalo
Still uncovering Fjord mysteries.