This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 4/23/01 11:59:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I have seen it all with these dogs and I know the difference
 between all the types of bites they can do.
 I should hope horse people do, too. Their are many things an
 animal will convey with their mouths. It's not always
 aggression. >>

Hi Mary-

Thanks for your post! I too have experience with Cattle Dogs and know that
look!

My original post which started the lively conversation was in response to a
question about a "mouthy, lippy" Fjord. Seems this horse's behavior had more
to do with playfulness than aggression. You made an important point when you
suggest all "bites" have different intentions. Proactive animal training is
more about watching and waiting than reacting.

Brigid M Wasson
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
<A HREF="http://members.nbci.com/mrgnpetsit/fjord1";>Our Fjords</A>