This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 4/24/01 9:55:03 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Ideally, you would have your horse attentive enough to you that the
 horse would never think of biting anything;  you, or a lead rope, or
 your tack, or another horse.  >>

  OK, OK  Beth.  I'll stop Valjo from carrying his own lead rope !  I should
know better anyway. At the Blue Earth evaluations, a few of us got to see the
cutest, funniest thing in a long time, when a rider was taking her Fjord
through the Trail Course, which included a long, heavy rope " gate " that had
to be opened by the rider, then sideways, stepped through.  Her beautiful
Stallion reached out before she could, and grabbed the rope gate in his
mouth.....and stood there for over a min. happily munching on it, while his
poor rider pulled and tugged to no avail on it. The evaluators and spectators
really had a long, much needed laugh over their TUG-OF-WAR. She finally got
the rope away from him, after much time had passed, and continued on their
test. I never looked to see what she scored on it....guess I could check the
evaluation book now....but was very funny at the time ! ( Im sure NOT to her,
although she took it in very good humor )

  Good Point, dont LET them do something more than once, that will come back
to haunt you later. Like teaching a baby goat jump up on you, cute then, but
not when he turns a 150 lb. stinky, friendly jumping playmate.       Lisa P.