This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a horse who grew to 17 + hands.  He was mouthy, nippy and what ever
from a very early age.  I followed my old farriers advice and took a sharp
nail and held it in my hand or against my body when he went to nipping or
mouthing as a colt.  I did not shove it at him but let him "run into it."
This is also good with horses who do not respect your space and roll you or
crush you into walls etc. Let them hit the nail so they only know that there
is pain associated with their move.  For the space issue I would carry a
small block of 2x4 with the nail protruding.  Three or four times and I got
my space.    Jean

PS I have friends looking for a small horse as a partner for their single
young Pinto mare.  It can be a "throw away" or old.  They are very good with
their horses and have a lovely estate in Tacoma WA, just below Seattle.  No
sick or debilitated please.   Jean

Jean Walters Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"