This message is from: Vivian Creigh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/19/01 7:29 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Obviously the Von Bon's visited a lot of farms in the US, including
> some that have cloven hoofed animals. We are getting information
> from our Dept. of Food and Agriculture concerning restricting
> visitors from Europe. Does anyone know if the current outbreak had
> been noted in Holland last summer?

No Bill, There was no F&M in the Netherlands until this recent outbreak in
Great Britain in February. I spoke to Bob yesterday and they have had no new
outbreaks in over two weeks. There have been recent outbreaks in France,
Belgium and I believe Germany since the first cases were documented in
England.

How long could the virus live in ones nasal passages or on one's clothes, do
you know? I believe the incubation period in cloven hooved animals is 7 to
14 days is that correct? I just read that on April 5th the Minister of Ag in
Holland lifted restrictions on horse travel, but for some reason we can't
get permission for my horses to travel to the airport.

Now that spring is finally here I'm anxious to get them home and start
driving them.
Vivian Creigh